Thursday, 17 June 2010

Dorororororororororo

I'm back from Amsterdam again...as always it is painful to leave it behind. 

We saw Joanna Newsom and Roy Harper play at Melkweg, which was incredible! We also spent lots of time reading Dororo by Osamu Tezuka, Mercury by Hope Larson and Prosopopus by Nicolas de Crécy on the bank of the canal in Wertheimpark, as well as a wonderful day spent cycling around the Amsterdamse Bos (a huge forest where we saw some goats and chickens). And we watched a lot of Ken Loach films, and the new Todd Solondz! It was blissful.


(And...rather geekily...I was very excited to try de Koninck beer [which the Quay Brothers named their studio after] for the first time, in Gollum)

I did a couple of little drawings in my sketchbook, but at the moment my computer is off for repairs so it might be a little while before I can scan them. 

I am still working on my comic book, developing ideas slowly, writing the script and planning it with more of a focus on images than text. Maybe it will be wordless? I love how this little world is slowly coming together in my mind.

No comments: