Saturday, 28 August 2010

Meditations




















































I have a little book of Marcus Aurelius's Meditations and it always puts things in perspective. He was a Roman emperor at the height of its power but his philosophy is quite stoic, its about getting on with things and being true to your own nature and not letting bad things stop you from being a good person. I made this little book for my dad while I was in my 2nd year at Falmouth and I've just found it again. (Click on images to enlarge)

3 comments:

Line Lorna said...

Can you publish this book so that I may buy it? It looks amazing! Emma your work is like a dream and I cannot stop glaring at it, so pretty, so full of depth, like looking into magic. Loooooooooff it, you star of a Lady x x x x x x x x x x x xx

Emma Ridgway said...

awwww Line! I'm blushing, hehe! You're so kind! :) How is your website going? I can't wait to see it! Perhaps we should work on the Unicorn Story soon? I feel like its time for a collaboration! xxx

Anonymous said...

Uh! I've never seen this before. I agree with Lorna, publish it. It's so beautiful and contains strong advice I need with me always! xxxx beth