Friday, 9 September 2011

No one knows where we go, when we're dead or when we're dreaming

Here are some photos I took last time I went back home. I love nasturtiums, they are so vivid, and the way they grow makes them look like fireworks or explosions. These pictures were taken in my mum's garden:




I've just taken 4 paintings to Mustard Cafe in Norwich - the original Nikola Tesla drawing that WeAdmire turned into tshirts (and probably the most popular of all my t-shirt designs), a painted portrait of the daschund from my comicbook "Les Jardins...", and two of the Mata Hari illustrations, are now all available to buy (framed) at my favourite cafe in Norwich. Mustard also make amazing coffee and really really good food - pictured is their Ginger & Lemon cake and a flat white:

5 comments:

daniela said...

chad vangaalen c:

Becca Illustration said...

ohhh wow that cake and coffee look SO good! :-) I agree completely with your 'rant' and think that's helpful advice/forewarning for others! One idea for the zine we were talking about...Christmas? Could include quirky tales and games etc..just the first thought that popped into my head and would give us a time to work towards..hehe. Nice to chat to you before :-) x becca

Emma Ridgway said...

Becca, that's an amazing idea! We should try to involve as many of our falmouth friends as possible. It would be lovely to do a little booklet and give everyone a double page spread to be creative with. Even if we just put all the work on a blog, it would be really fun to collaborate and see everyone's work together:) it was nice to chat to you too, we must catch up again soon! :) x

Becca Illustration said...

hello! Aa glad you like the idea :-) How shall we start then...should one of us send out a facebook msg asking if anyone would be interested? Or a group where people can post their illustrations or something. How's your week been? I start my print course in two days, eek! xx

Emma Ridgway said...

Hmm, maybe we should send out a message and then if enough people are interested we can set up a group for it?