Thursday, 13 December 2012

The girl with the binoculars


I woke up this morning with a vision of the top left hand corner of this drawing in my mind. Little huts and trees in a sketchy pinkish-blue. This is an imaginary record sleeve for music that doesn't exist.

It reminds me of that line in Belle and Sebastian's "If She Wants Me":

"I took a book and went into the forest
I climbed the hill
I wanted to look down on you
But all I saw was twenty miles of wilderness
so I went home"


I drew this listening to Boy Omega (whose album Night Visions is my new obsession) and also this video of the late Ray Bradbury giving advice to young writers:




2 comments:

Wy Lyn Ee said...

Hello Emma! Just dropping by to say happy new year. :)

Parisa said...

happy new year emma! i'm still finding so much inspiration in your blog...